To start, I resurrected the overgrown raised bed in the back. It looks great now but it took me about 2 hours just to pull the weeds and mix the dirt. I planted quite a few things that I had planned to bring to the community plot but if I can have it at home, might as well. Originally it looked something like this:
Now it's all pretty and planted with peppers, carrots, lettuce beans and sweet peas, not to mention the Clematis, lillies that were here when we moved and a few red fox veronica.
That was project number 1.
Next I moved on to figure out what the heck to do about this rock. Then I found out that my cousin started doing landscaping and could use some work. The fact is, I have so much to do and very little time left before everything needs to come out of my old garden. The months are ticking by but there's no where to put things! So he came out to look at the job and quoted me $150 to pull out the shrubbery that is ugly and just takes up my flower space. I don't know if that's too much or cheap but I figure it's better than loosing all of my plants or having to wait a super long time to move them. Here's what they're going to pull out. In reality it is a LOT of rock.
That concludes my yesterday other than 3 hours of painting our basement. More to follow when I get home from dinner with the fiance. :)