Saturday, May 28, 2011

So Many Things to Do!

I have done so much the last two days!
To start, I resurrected the overgrown raised bed in the back.  It looks great now but it took me about 2 hours just to pull the weeds and mix the dirt.  I planted quite a few things that I had planned to bring to the community plot but if I can have it at home, might as well.  Originally it looked something like this:


Now it's all pretty and planted with peppers, carrots, lettuce beans and sweet peas, not to mention the Clematis, lillies that were here when we moved and a few red fox veronica.

That was project number 1.

Next I moved on to figure out what the heck to do about this rock.  Then I found out that my cousin started doing landscaping and could use some work. The fact is, I have so much to do and very little time left before everything needs to come out of my old garden.  The months are ticking by but there's no where to put things!  So he came out to look at the job and quoted me $150 to pull out the shrubbery that is ugly and just takes up my flower space.  I don't know if that's too much or cheap but I figure it's better than loosing all of my plants or having to wait a super long time to move them.  Here's what they're going to pull out.  In reality it is a LOT of rock.




That concludes my yesterday other than 3 hours of painting our basement.  More to follow when I get home from dinner with the fiance. :)

2 comments:

  1. The raised bed looks great! I would totally pay someone 150 if they were willing to move the rocks. I think renting a rock vacuum is at least 200 per day. I've tried to talk a couple people into renting one with me to help with the costs but so far no takers! Are those spirea near the steps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe so, they don't have tags on them anymore but the leaves look the same and there are small dried up flower looking things so I'm going to go with a yes. I don't know what to do with it though, I really don't have space for it.

    ReplyDelete