Thursday, May 26, 2011

Fridley Community Garden

I did not choose my spot for my community garden plot because I called from Florida and had no idea what the layout was. They just posted the layout and fellow gardeners on their website. I'm number 30, looks like I'm as far from the parking lot as possible (almost) and on the very end. It will be nice to have 2 corners to myself but it's annoying to be so far away and on the far end from the water as well. Can't complain though, at least I get to plant this year still!

I went to home depot today on my lunch break and grabbed my seeds and some plants for my garden including the following:
Plants:
Pepper-Big Bertha
Tomatoes- Mortgage Lifter
Zucchini
Summer Squash
Cucumber

Seeds:
Morning Glory- Scarlet O' Hara
Sweet Peas
Sunflowers
Wax Beans
Mixed Lettuce
Pumpkin -Pie/sugar
Carrots
Sweet Corn

I think I'll have plenty of room for everything I want. Lots of people got two spots too which I thought was interesting. I hadn't even thought about that but maybe next year I'll have my yard all ready to plant and won't need the extra space.
This weekend is going to be great. Dirt on my hands and plants in the ground, that's exactly what I need right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment