Friday, May 6, 2011

It's Taking So Long

So the situation I am in is keeping me from doing what I love most- playing in the dirt of course. We aren't moving until May 21st/Memorial day weekend(depending). Which means I have lots of plants that could go outside by now but can't do a thing about it. The only thing I could do is start pulling those perennials that I planted the last 2 years and then wait. The only issue with that is when it comes to labeling, finding enough containers and caring for them after they're out of the ground, it ends up being a daunting task. If I wasn't in school right now, I'd have all the time in the world aside from packing but that isn't the case.

I have peppers out of my ears, mini roses, hydraengas, poppies of all sorts and you name it, just sitting in my "green room" waiting to go outside. The fact is, I need to transplant them into larger containers. It simply needs to be done. I just need to find the drive and time to do it.

Soon I will post some pictures of my last season at this house. Then shortly after will follow some of the new place.

We have a great plan to put in some raised garden beds over an ugly asphault driveway but the topic has become somewhat contravertial. Derek thinks we should dig out the asphault which is a huge job but possibly. I originally thought we should leave it and simply make the garden beds super tall. Now though, I have found a cheap easy-build garden bed at Home Depot but it is only 7 in deep. I just don't know what to do. It might be worth the extra work to pull that crap out of there rather than try to jerry-rig a bottom out of different wood or bricks or something. Seems like a bigger job.
Happy spring, it's finally starting to feel like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment