Friday, March 19, 2010

Excited about March

We have been experiencing nice warm weather this month...it has been in the 50's and 60's for the last 3 weeks.
My tulips have already started emerging however I'm afraid they will flower before the real winter is over.
The ground is workable and I have begun tilling the soil, taking advantage of the extra time.

So far I have been right on schedule for starting seeds, assuming the last frost comes around May 11th (probably sooner with how nice it has been).
I have already lost track of what I have started (something to learn from for next year) but I have a general idea of what is what. So far I have started Jalepenos, misc. colored bell peppers, multi(hot mix) peppers, sweat peas, hollyhocks, bellflowers, colombine, and some other flowers. They all started growth quick and I haven't seen much happen in the last 2 or 3 weeks but with the sun we've been getting, I'm hoping they will have a growth spurt soon.
This week I need to start my "6-8 weeks before last frost" plants, and I'm running out of room!

This years plants include the following- edibles first, then flowers:
Jalepeno Peppers
Multi bell peppers
Pumpkins
Carrots
Tomatoes
Onions
Zucchini
Squash
Peas
Beans
Watermelon
Leaf lettuce
Chamomile
Cilantro
Garlic
Raspberries
Strawberries
Rhubarb
Broccoli
Potatoes
Basil
Chives

Tulips
Canna Lillies
Gladiolis
Sunflowers
Cosmos
Hibiscus (most excited for)
Bellflower
Sweet Pea
Many different colored Poppys
Black Pansys
Cathedral Bells-Vine
Canterbury Bells
Balloon Flower
Clematis
Colombine
Cypress-Vine
Four-O-Clock
Johnny Jump Ups
Foxglove
Lupine
Morning Glory-Vine
Nasturtium
Shasta Daisy
Red hot poker
Zinnia
Larkspur
Violas
Ornamental grass
Wildflower mixes, butterfly mixes, cutting mixes

As the season continues, I will update this with where things are planted, and when...

No comments:

Post a Comment